Raspberry Yogurt Parfait
You can’t go wrong with a good quality unsweetened coconut yogurt, walnuts, hemp seeds, and berries for a protein-packed and probiotic-rich start to the day! We love raspberries during a cleanse because they’re relatively low in natural sugar, and contain anthocyanin pigments and flavonoid rheosmin (aka raspberry ketone) to fire up metabolism and block fat absorption. And, the fats in the coconut boost thyroid function for more metabolic mojo. Hemp seeds deliver highly digestible complete plant-based protein, and walnuts contain anti-inflammatory omega 3’s to boost brain function! These nifty nuts are also one of the few food sources of melatonin to calm the nervous system. This is brilliant breakfast food.
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsweetened coconut yogurt (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons (18g) hemp seeds, plus more to taste (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons (15g) roughly chopped raw walnuts (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup (80g) fresh raspberries (see Notes)
- In a short wide glass or small bowl, spoon in the yogurt, then layer the hemp seeds and walnuts, and top with raspberries. Enjoy immediately.
Coconut Yogurt: Brands we recommend include: Cocoyo, Coconut Cult (original flavor only), Anita’s, and Coyo (natural, unsweetened). Hemp Seeds: Substitute with flax meal. Walnuts: Activate your nuts for better digestion. Substitute with sliced raw almonds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds. Raspberries: Substitute with other berries or fruit.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 26.3g | Saturated Fat: 8.4g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 4mg